|News & Events|
Maintenance on Ellipticals
• Remove dust, dirt, and other substances from the elliptical using a clean, soft cloth and a liquid, non-abrasive cleaner such as fitness equipment polish. Wipe the display board, handrails, shroud, and heart rate grips.
• Precor elliptical maintenance: Clean the ramps and wheels everyday with fitness equipment polish. Sweat and dust mix together forming brown marks as well as clumps that destroy both the wheels and the ramps.
• Star Trac Natural Runner and Elliptical Edge Maintenance: Clean the track everyday with Fitness Equipment Polish.
• Vacuum the floor under and around the elliptical. You may want to move the elliptical over so that you can vacuum under the entire machine.
• Inspect the display, and handrail screws to ensure the screws are not loose. Retighten if necessary.
• Test each elliptical for proper function in user mode. If the unit is equipped with elevation or resistance make sure to test them as well.
• Remove the rear cover and using a vacuum and a fine paint brush remove all of the dust.
• Inspect the drive belt for wear, cracks, and frays. If the drive belt is damaged report this problem to an owner or manager so that they may make arrangements to have this replaced.
• Inspect the wheels and ramps, or rails on the elliptical. If they are worn report this problem to the owner or manager so that they can make arrangements to have them replaced.
• Precor Elliptical Maintenance: Lubricate the elevation screw with fitness equipment lubricant. This is located in the front housing on Precor ellipticals.
• Inject Grease into any bearings using a grease gun. You can find these bearings next to the fly wheel on most Precor ellipticals.
NOTE: Life Fitness Cross trainer maintenance or Life Fitness Elliptical maintenance: These units should only be opened once every six months. They are designed to keep dust out and have parts to be lubricated. Be sure to clean the cross trainers everyday to avoid the plastic deteriorating from sweat. When the cross trainer is opened clean out the inside of the machine and inspect all of the drive belts. Test the unit every week for proper function.
Gym Tech Specializes in fitness equipment repair, exercise equipment repair & gym equipment maintenance. If you have any problems or would like to use us for your maintenance needs you can always reach us toll free at 866-496-8324. Fitness equipment repair, Excercise equipment repair & gym equipment maintenance in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
© 2004-2014 Gym Tech Fitness Service LLC. All rights reserved.
Web Design by